Movement is the key to weight management, arthritis management, and an overall healthy lifestyle. With busy work and home schedules many adults find they don’t have time to exercise. What can you do when your job involves sitting behind a computer, or being trapped at a desk? The solution is easier than you think.
At KCP we strive to help our patients feel healthy and active. Challenge yourself to an additional 15 minutes of activity a day by using some of these tips to get extra movement into your day.
- Take the stairs whenever you can
- Take a walk around the office
- Go for a 15 minute walk at lunch
- Do one minute intervals of sitting to standing throughout the day
- Set a timer on your computer or your watch to remind you to get in some movement
- Walk to grab water or a cup coffee
Exercises For Early Risers
If you are trying to get your workout in before your workday starts consider doing these fitness techniques and ideas first thing in the morning:
- AMRAP- As Many Reps As Possible- We love doing this for sit ups, push ups, air squats, high knees, and tricep dips.
- HIIT-High Intensity Interval Training– exercises for this include donkey kicks, jump squats, burpees, mountain climbers, side lunges, and planks. Remember while these are quick and effective, care for injury prevention is key.
- Three Five Minute Exercises- Do each of these exercises for five straight minutes then switch to the next for a total of 15 minutes. Good exercises to do this with include taking a walk, climbing the stairs, and sit ups using upper body and or lower body combination.
While 15 minutes may not seem like much, it is a great start to an active lifestyle.
For further exercise information call Joy or Joyce to consult for personal training. If you can’t come in, lets try a virtual workout!